From: Dan Bubb [mailto:jdbubb@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 9:06 AM
To: Tyler P.; List (E-mail)
Subject: Re: When Studs break....

On my nephew's car one of these studs was snapped. I was able to drill
though the head of the stud that was still in place on the back of the
bracket and tap it for an 8mm bolt. I was able to torque the bolt to factory
spec, so I presume that means the arrangement was sufficiently strong.
Note: we had to pull the tranny to get enough room to do this operation, so
it's not a quick wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am!
I presume you torque all your fasteners to spec so you won't break anymore
studs??
Dan