feeler - 35K miles 1979 scirocco -sale?

I found this scirocco sitting around and inqiured with the owner about it. I
bought it after getting a close look. this car is mint . almost like the
Ferarri -in -the-barn story. . The LF fender is bashed in & LF turn signal
is smashed , dented pass door skin. has some key scratches  (and a couple
othe little slivers of surface rust). respray recommended..  otherwise the
paint is like new  and would only need a quick buffing..due to a special
clearcoat that was applied when new. there is no rust (cancer) on the car.
the car was treated to an injected rust proofing when new.  car has been
preserved . the interior is like new,..  totally clean headliner , int.
panels, perfect dashboard...  the VDO clock stil works!. owners manual etc
are like new, too.

but the the engine doesn't fire up.  i had a VW  mechanic look at the car .
he put in a a used fuel ditributor, but  now it  doesn't start any more. it
did run (like total crap). i don't have the facilities or know -how to
replace the engine or do any other   mechanical work. it has a leaky water
pump too.
this car is like a time capsule. the door jambs , interior, etc are like
new! unfortunatley time isn't knind to rubber so the seats are hard and
other misc bushings like the motor mounts should be replaced .
i wanted this car as an ol' skool  project car, but I don't have the funds
this year to get the car how I want it. I can't even drive the freakin
thing.
i would like to put a A3  2.0L in the car and get wheels, susp, etc keep it
stock looking but with a euro look stance. it will need alot of things
updated: motors , trans, driveshafts, full exhaust, cat..  too much for me.
can't afford to do this anytime soon.
anyone?

eric L