Slicks question/cathy's secret mod

Hi there, time for another of Cathy's little stories, with some mandatory
Rocco related content.

First up: Does anyone run drag slicks on their cars? We have ongoing problems
with the headache's going flat, they are the Mickey Thompson ET 20.0 X6.0-14"
types. They won't hold air when used without a tube, and with the tube, half
the time we spin the slick on the rim and the tube goes poof. Very annoying.
So any suggestions? Should we be looking at screwing/glueing them to the rim?
Getting a different tire? different rims? All I can say is the mighty Dunlops
get grip by about third gear, but before that, nada, so the car needs
something grippier than street tires. And flat tires really kill your ETs.

Second: Since I can barely afford one fast car, and hubby drives the headache,
I get to aggrivate the FAST and make them FURIOUS in the "Power class" when
they have to wait for my slow backside to get halfway down the track before
they can leave the tree. (I can't blame them some of them have to give me 7
seconds, but it DOES have a turbo) So today, after various incidents of
laughing and irritated finger pointing at my slow/heavy "cute car" (the TDI
bug), I had eliminated all but one last guy, and there was a big wait (the
proverbial oil on the track), which gets everyone in the staging lanes a bit
tense. So I get out of the car, look at how filthy my rims are, and notice it
looks like someone has stuffed a dirty Kleenex in between the spokes of my
rims. On further investigation, it had feet!...ewwww...So everyone came over
and checked it out, we figured I was so slow, the mouse hopped on for a ride
halfway down the track or so. Poor thing, wedged right in there, but it was
pretty funny, we all had a good laugh. Then the track official comes over, and
in a gruff voice tells me, "you can't go down the track with that in there..."
Yeah, it'd be another delay no doubt. "Mouse guts on the track". It was a good
day for me, bad for the mouse. Gotta love the "mouse mod"!

Cathy

PS: One more on topic question. The emergency flashers took a dump. What's the
most likely cause? I haven't had time to check it out.
thanks!