anyone know what this is?

I have no idea!  Mk1 rims on it though...strange...I'd suspect a prototype of some kind, its definately a VW...maybe some Polo prototype?

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg