Tachometer input signal.

Does anyone know specifically what kind of input the tachometer in a Mk2
Scirocco expects?  Feeding it a 12V square wave from the MIC3 (aftermarket
ECU) I'm running is not doing the trick.  Here's a proposed wiring diagram
(for use with a 2 coil wasted spark setup) that someone gave me but I'm
looking for a little bit of a easier/cleaner way to do it, as well as
satisfying my curiosity about how it actually works.

http://s16v.com/images/tach-schematic.jpg

Please e-mail me directly (btp "at" s16v.com) as I am on digest and won't
get list mail for up to 24 hours.

Here are a few pics of my programmable engine management installation (minus
some intake plumbing).  Note: images are 1600x1200, about 400K each..

http://s16v.com/pix/2003-05-15/P5150004.JPG
http://s16v.com/pix/2003-05-15/P5150005.JPG
http://s16v.com/pix/2003-05-11/P5110014.JPG
http://s16v.com/pix/2003-05-11/P5110032.JPG

Believe it or not, it runs!  But still have a few bugs to work out, though.

Bradley
88 S16V 2.0 EFI
02 S4 Avant

---