decisions, decisions

After having the 3a motor I was planning on getting sold out from under me, I've decided to go with a modded 1.8 8v for my 81 rocc. Basically, it's considerably cheaper, I have the engine already, it's a lot simplier and I will have money leftover for things such as swaybars, possibly professional rust repair and repaint etc, etc. So, now my question is, what do I do? I have a 1.8 JH with a hydro head, g60 rubber head gasket and a gti TB with matching intake. Where do I go from here? I'm staying NA and the car is a DD so I can't have some silly huge cam in it. However, I don't have to pass emissions so that may open things up a bit. I'd also like to stick with my stock CIS fuel setup, as rewiring can get pretty messy. Suggestions? (When suggesting stuff, it'd really help if you included a ballpark price as well) Dan