A3 rear calipers on Scirocco, how to bleed?

I would like to install the A3 rear calipers on my Scirocco 16v, and was remembering a discussion sometime last year about it. If I remember correctly, you swap sides and flip them, so the the lines and ebrake will work. But this puts them upside down. I think someone said to bleed them with them in the correct position, and then mount them upside down so that they will work. Is this correct? I am assuming that you bleed them with a pressure bleeder in the un-mounted right-side up orientation ( to get the air out, and also that they will not bleed correctly mounted upside down), and then mount them in the upside-down orientation - so that the lines and ebrake line up. If I am on the right lines, pipe up and let me know, or if I am wrong, don't hesitate to tell me.

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey W. Bynum