2.0 conversion questions

AS we discussed that one day on AOL, your cheapest and easiest route is the 2.0 ABA bottom end and using the parts from TT (block off plate, distributor adaptor and long downpipe).  All the accessories, etc fr the 1.7 bolt up, but you would want to find a 1.8 head (yes a JH head would be fine).  The other choice is a 3A audi bottom end, just like Patrick just got done doing, but those motors are harder to find than the ABAs...which are a dime a dozen at the moment.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg