8v question

Eric if the noise is a concern, generate a sound byte so we can hear it. You never know what we might come up with. Brian

ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:Maybe I am being incorrect, and I will admit that I (ask B Wagner) know
little about head reconstruction, but No matter what cam you put into a
solid lifter head, the spec for the bearings and the torquing value of the
nuts associated with said bearings will remain OEM no matter what cam you
put in... The bearing area of the 3rd party cam maker HAVE to specs the
bearing area according to OEM specs. so that is not the issue here...

Now...

What could be the issue are the lifters and the springs, and here my
knowledge lacks a good deal, but knowing the valves are at OEM specs could
be a lead, as the 278 does push pretty hard on them springs... could the
resultant "clap" of the spring on the valve be the noise he is hearing?

lets keep track of the issue, I may not provide much help mechanicaly, but I
could learn something..(grin)