  From: Eric S
  To: L F ; scirocco81@vwmail.net ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 5:57 PM
  Subject: Re: 8v question

  Larry, first, you don't replace "lifters" on a solid lifter head.  So get that idea out of your head.

  Re-read my first post please, you will see what was changed and and what wasn't.

  To answer your one pertinent question, the VW clearance specs were used to adjust the valves.

  --
  Eric
  www.VintageWatercooleds.com

  79 VW Iltis
  81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
  81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
  83 Scirocco Wolfsburg