weak brakes

Mk1 brakes are more than enough for the car, and have always stopped me well.  You have a problem elsewhere with air getting into the lines.  If you pull the ebrake up a bit, does the pedal get firm?  I suspect 2 things: rear pad adjustment, or the rear wheel cyls allowing air back into the system.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg