Weird electrical problems

Ok. I'm not too bad at MKI wiring and charging systems.

1) Get an Ammeter to measure the current used by the system. That, as well
as a oil pressure gauge. Both these are the first things added to any rocc I
buy.

2) Check your grounds.
a) Battery to chassis (from the battery to the motor mount on the transaxle
side).
b) Motor to chassis ( intake manifold to coil)
c) Alt to motor ground (brown wire to motor)

3) Check to see if the blue wire to the alt is getting +12v when the key is
in the run position (attached to the alt with an 8mm nut). With out this
voltage the alt never starts to charge the battery.If not try jumpering the
blue wire to the black wire on the coil. This is the switched 12v to get the
car to run.

Good luck!

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development