Garage Floor Coverings

On Thu, 15 May 2003 17:02:05 -0700, "Brian Honnold"
<bhonnold@pac-cap.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have experience with garage floor paints/epoxy/sealants?  I'm
>moving soon and will have about a week to do the garage floor from when the
>old owners move our and we move in.

I've used the two-part epoxy paints with good results.  As in most
painting projects, the prep is more important than the painting.  If
the floor is oil soaked, spend your time on cleaning it as much as
possible.  Read the directions of whatever coating you choose and
follow them.  Some specify detergent clean, some say acid etch the
concrete.

Once finished, watch out for the "hot tire pickup" problem.  Just
don't come back from an "Italian tuneup" run and park on your new
paint job, at least for a couple of weeks.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9