Wow, legit new problem.

Ok,  this 82 Scirocco I picked up from Mike VanAmberg has some electrical
issues. Some ive already fixed. I still have a non working tach, not
important at this point in the game. What im after is the highbeams.
Yeah, bright lights. My gut feeling is that someone hacked into the
fusebox.

I replaced the high beam switch and headlight switch hoping this would
cure my lack of lights issues. Nope, didnt fix anything.

Im trying to use my dead 82 as a reference to what im looking at, or,
should be looking at. Ive already noticed that my dead 82 has a Motometer
cluster in it while Ruflus has a VDO cluster in it. That figures. So this
tells me I might have comparison issues with the fuesboxes too.

These are pics of both fuse boxes.
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/list/meze/bluebox.jpg

http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/list/meze/Ruflusbox.jpg

I noticed that the relays are in different locations. Ugg. I have no
power to the #1 thr #4 fuses either. Where does the power come from to
the fuse panel for the high beams? I looked at the diagram... I hate
German diagrams...

Ideas?

Shawn Méze
#30 2002 SDR Solo2 AS Champion. 86' Jetta GLi 8V 84' Scirocco 8V
82' Scirocco "Ruflus"  80' Scirocco S  79' "Project FSP Scirocco
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!