another wiring question

No Dan, red wire is constant power.  You'd want the solid black (switched 12v).

What, you running a stereo?  Don't run it through the ignition switch, its a bit overloaded as it is.  Use a relay and tap into the black wire for the relay trigger wire, so that the relay will give the stereo direct battery power.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg