shine kit

i had a shine kit on mine for a long time.  really liked it, and am thinking
of going back. main advantages are:
1) neutral handling: when running without a front sway, this car was great
for auto-x. i now have h&r races/bilstein sports. haven't auto-x'ed them
yet.
2) very little drop: this is a huge advantage, imho.  keep most of your
suspension travel. that thing NEVER bottomed out, in contrast with the
h&r's.
2a) since there isn't much drop, you keep your suspension geometry intact,
with parallel a-arms. so you don't have all the camber probs that the
lowering springs have.

they are definitely a better ride than the h&r's, though most bumps are
comparable.  the big difference is over big bumps, which the shines are much
better at. the shines were great with the bilsteins, and harsher with boge
progas.  actually, what i'm thinking of doing is bastardizing the shine
concept; since i already have 200# fronts (with 100# rears), i'm thinking of
buying some matching 200# rears, and keeping my autotech front bar.
hopefully, this will give me the best of both worlds...
hth,

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA-->Soon to be New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...