[Re: what should i do? (motor guru's wanted) *long*]

>snip>
> is it possible that the clutch killed the bearing? the clutch feels very
> soft, almost like stock. everything seemed to be in good order when i
> removed it. like i said, i'm just gonna rebolt everything back up and just
> double check and make sure that it's all good before i fire it up again.

The Centreforce clutch (I'm assuming it's the dual friction one here) has a
lighter pedal than the stock clutch, but should have a much snappier
engagement. The soft pedal feel is normal. I had a GM guy who doesn't usually
do VWs put mine in without incident, so they install fine too. So I doubt it's
the clutch. And ours isn't exactly coddled. I can't speak to longevity of the
clutch, it's fairly new, but no problems so far.
Cathy