16v won't start, help!

Ok, so wed. night i washed my engine down to clean some of
the crap off of it. I went to start it and it started a little weird, but it
started. So, thursday morning I went to start it, but it would only
stay at about 500 rpms and not go any higher regardless of
throttle position. I tired a few things (found water in some places)
and nothing worked. Now, today, it won;t start at all! I looked for
more water and found it in the wire harness casing that is right
on top of the tranny so I cut a slit in it (didn't cut any wires, just the
casing) and water poured out of it. SO I sprayed it down with
some wire dry and I'm gonna let it sit overnight. I also tested the
C/S injector and it is not functioning properly. Power is getting to
it, but it is not getting any ground. The bently says that it grounds
through the thermo time switch (brown one). So do I have a
wiring problem that got worse from all the water? Any help at all
on this would be great. Thanks....

Oh, it's an '87 16v scirocco.

I know I should have kept it running but I seem to learn things the
hard way.

Chris

   \    /
    \  /