[Re: Drag racing (for the 2nd time)]

Our first of the year (last Sunday) was really consistent, Denny's best for
the day (in the headache) was a 15.25s @90.75 mph , 9.71s in the 1/8 and
2.067s at 60'. But 15.2s and (mostly) 15.3s all day long, except the last
elimination run, when the slick (number three, do we need to carry four???)
was going flat and he ran a 15.45 (and lost...). The car is really running
well, and I could leave it as a "2L with CIS-E", but it has one or two other
goodies on it. It isn't really extreme, but not stock either. And the slicks
help a lot. But I schooled Denny in RTs, a .501, perfect is .500. Now I need
something for myself that doesn't run 19 second quarters. (diesels just are
not built for speed, but I get 47 miles to the gallon when I race it...)
Hopefully it'll be a good season, last one was for sure! And we have a blast,
that's the main thing, if you take it too serious it's no fun.

So yeah, I think you could be faster, but hey, at least you went for it eh?
Better than those who say "my car will do such and such" and they've never
been to the track! (did you spin a lot? that'll knock your times back)  But
take heart, last night I saw a guy on the way back from "Fast and Furious"
night (aka a 'test and tune'), he ran mid 17s in his 6 banger Camaro, so your
times are fine in the grand scheme of things!

Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net> wrote:
> No, you should definitely be faster.  In my heavy 16V, with nothing more
than an exhaust and fuel module, I run consistent 15.9x @ 86.  And that's a
1.8L.  Check your timing settings, check your compression, and also play with
the DPR setting (wait, Digifant, nevermind).  And how's your launch technique?
 60 foot times?  My best launches were dumping the clutch at 4000rpm.  Fun!