marathon tranny pull at the yard (long)

Well, I went to the junk yard today to get a tranny for my 90 golf.
They had a 88 dessial Jetta that had the front end mashed.  Perfect I
thought.  To start, I didn't bring a bentley so when I got going, I saw
it was pretty different from my Scirocco.  I was amazed at all that
extra metal , subframe and big motor mounts.  After much unbolting,
pulling and cutting, I see that the passanger side axle has one of the
heads missing from the bolts that attach it to the tranny flange.
Bummer.  I can't figure out how to get it off.  I come up with plan B.
I take the alxe nut off the passanger side and I figure I'll be able to
slide the tranny out with the passanger axle still attached.  After I
get going on that, I see the block was pushed back far enough to bend
the passanger side axle!  I spent a very long time working to get this
tranny and now, i think , I'm going to have to pay the yard to have them
take it out for me.  The will make the price go from $100 to $200.  I
guess $200 is a kinda fair price, but I was hope that someone on the
list has an idea for me.
  I can't remember who had posted about the lame "L" jacks.  That's was
the Jetta had and boy are those things bad.  I did score a little cheap
ass bling-bling.  I know have a chrome cheater bar.  I'm ready for the
show circurt.
  By the way, when I got home I did fix my brake problem.  It turned out
that I had over extended the drivers side drum cyclinder on Sunday.
$11.00 for a reman cyclinder and my brakes are back to great and I got
to use my power bleeder again.  Now most thoughts of rear discs can be
put away.
--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters