Obsolete parts

Just got back from the Stealership, picked up a
plastic snap clamp for the trim piece on top of MK2
bumpers. Anyway, it’s obsolete part 533 807 809, they
had one in stock, he brings it out and it has dust all
over it. After I paid for it and was on my merry way
I’m thinking to myself what an odd feeling it is to
take the last of a VW dealers stock of an item. It’s
bound to happen to virtually every part of our beloved
Scirocco’s, imagine walking away with the very last
roof molding, or better yet the very last Scirocco
emblem, the last of that item new in existence.
The days are numbered.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'86 Scirocco 16V
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4