City Lights wiring help!

OK- I should know this- expecially since i am
currently sobered up from the weekend.

I got Euro headlights with city lights in them. The
headlight is grounded and the postive to the headlight
plug into the main headlight bulb. That works fine.
The city light is also grounded by the headlight unit
and if i try to hook up a lead from the parking light
the damn thing is always on- even wit hthe car off.
The parking light are grounded i would guess at the
switch or someting and , and...

I left my Bently at Jason's pad- so I cant look there-
(drinkin' , whatda you talkin' about drinkin')

can some one help- Do i need to isolate the city light
from the headlight unit?

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s