Brake problems

I'm not that stupid! But I never bleed brakes in my life before!
But I apologize, that this make sense.. thanks for your kindness!

--- Anson Clement <anarchistbooty@hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hey man, ever fart in the bath tub? Remember what the bubbles do? Doh!

Anson

Why will it be a PITA? (putting A3 caliper!!!) What is best to have the bleeder
screw over or under the caliper? Which is best? I think it makes more sense to
have the bleeder under the caliper, but maybe I don't see the praticability
when bleeding brakes!!!! I'm thinking on putting A3 brake on my rocco, but
maybe I will reconsider my point of view!!! Thanks for the precision, JOel 87
16v --- Dan Bubb wrote: > Apparently, the early A2 calipers (89 and earlier?)
are the same as the > Scirocco calipers. Later A2 calipers are essentially the
same i.e. same > crappy hand brake mechanism, but they need to be swapped left
to right to > install on a Scirocco. I'm not sure if they're much of an
improvement. > A3 calipers will also fit and also need to be swapped left to
right. They > have a completely different hand brake mechanism. (at least
externally). > Personally, I think having the bleeder screw at the bottom of
the caliper is > a huge PITA, but that's just me. > Dan > > ----- Original
Message ----- > From: "Kervin" > To: "List" > Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 8:24
AM > Subject: Brake problems > > > > I put on some new park brake cables this
weekend, replaced all the > > springs in my drum brakes and put in some super
blue brake fluid. I got > > to use my new pressure bleeder. What a nice tool!
Anyway, I was > > helping two other friends at the same time and kinda lost
track of what > > I was doing. I stepped on the brake pedal without the drivers
side drum > > on the car. Fluid came out the brake cylinder. I didn't think it
was > > that big of a deal, but now it's like I only have half braking power. >
> There is twice the pedal travel and pumping the brakes does not make > >
things feel any different. Does it sound like I did something bad to > > the
passenger side brake cylinder? It's a re-man unit from auto zone so > > I can
just take it back, but I wanted some thoughts from the list. > > Along the same
lines, I'm thinking about going to rear discs. Do the VW > > A2 discs really
fit on if I just flip them over? I'm going to the junk > > yard this week for a
tranny, so i thought I'd look for some of those > > calipers if they will work.
> > -- > > Kervin > > 86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and
letters > > 88 Gti 1.8 16v Not done and now it's winter :( > > 00 tt600 > > > >