Clutch cable adjustment.

--0-847526189-1052156079=:48258

It's pretty easy, I'll quote the Bentley here for ya:   "you should be able to depress the clutch cable about 15mm(5/8 in) before encountering resistance.  To adjust cable, locate adjusting nut which is on top of the cable conduit.  To increase clutch pedal freeplay, loosen the locknut.  Then turn the adjuster until you can pull the cable conduit upward and out of the bracket about 6mm(1/4 in)[bracket they are speaking of is the one on the transmission].  Then check the freeplay at pedal.  If it is about 15-25mm(5/8 - 1in), tighten the cable adjustor locknut.  If necessary, make additional adjustments in order to obtain the correct freeplay before you tighten the locknut" It's pretty straightforward.  HTH, -Rob

Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net> wrote:I lost my Bentley to my mechanic, and now I need it to adjust my clutch cable - I have about 3 inches of play, and the clutch only engages when you push to the floor.
So is this procedure easy? How do I do it? Thx!

--0-847526189-1052156079=:48258

<DIV>It's pretty easy, I'll quote the Bentley here for ya:&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"you should be able to depress the clutch cable about 15mm(5/8 in) before encountering resistance.&nbsp; To adjust cable, locate adjusting nut which is on top of the cable conduit.&nbsp; To increase clutch pedal freeplay, loosen the locknut.&nbsp; Then turn the adjuster until you can pull the cable conduit upward and out of the bracket about 6mm(1/4 in)[bracket they are speaking of is the one on the transmission].&nbsp; Then check the freeplay at pedal.&nbsp; If it is about 15-25mm(5/8 - 1in), tighten the cable adjustor locknut.&nbsp; If necessary, make additional adjustments in order to obtain the correct freeplay before you tighten the locknut"</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It's pretty straightforward.&nbsp; HTH,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Rob<BR><BR><B><I>Ryan H &lt;rhock99@epix.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I lost my Bentley to my mechanic, and now I need it to adjust my clutch cable - I have about 3 inches of play, and the clutch only engages when you push to the floor.<BR>So is this procedure easy? How do I do it? Thx!<BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Scirocco-l mailing list<BR>Scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR>http://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l</BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-847526189-1052156079=:48258--