Brake problems

Hi Kervin;
    I think you might need a new master cylinder. I have resurrected many
dead A1 VW's and if they have set a few years and the rear wheel cylinders
leak when you replace the rear wheel cylinders and bleed the brakes you blow
the master cylinder. I guess there is crud in the master cylinder bore
beyond it's normal travel and with bleeding one crosses that threshold and
it's all over. In an A1 that hasn't had brakes bled in many years I would
guess it is almost a 50 - 50 change that one will have to replace the master
cylinder when one bleeds the brakes.
Brian Decker