One Lap Day 1 update....semi long and OT

> But, am I right in assuming the short wheelbase and weight
> distribution is a major handicap for road-racing?

Well... a short wheelbase car will be inherently less stable. So, it'd
certainly be more squirrely handling than a car with the wheels farther
apart. However, that nervous/unstable handling also translates into greater
agility. So, often times it really depends on driving style and skill. As
for the weight distribution, the Shogun has the engine placed in the middle
of the car. That's a a major *advantage* for roadracing! Centrally located
weight is what you want! That's why some of us wierdos go to the trouble of
relocating the battery to the middle of the car.

> So is the Rocc getting tuned at Dans?  It better make it to
> Cincy after being pushed to Waterfest!!!!

Yeah yeah... I don't see any good reason why it can't be there. I still need
to work out some electrical issues and tune the TEC-II. It's been the same
story for months. However, I've been bogged down with school and such. The
only major concern I have is what seat I'll be sitting in. My race bucket
will break my back. Unfortunately, the cage design does not permit a stock
seat to fit. Hmmm....
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut