Blown Engine question...

I have seen a number of listers having real troubles with their engines
over the last year.  Thrown rods, broken cranks, broken wrist pins, etc, etc.

Having only ever taken out a head gasket. I figure it might be time to get
a good list of things that could go wrong and their symptoms :)

So what are the obvious symptoms of the various ways we can kill an engine...

Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 Cheap Ass turbo daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage