[Re: things that happen when you own a rocco]

T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Allyn wrote:
> > =

> <snip>
> > me: "like it, eh?" (with the obvious grin on my face) :)
> > him: "that thing is a beast!"
> > me: "thanks man"
> > him (now having passed me, and walking off): "too bad they dont make =
them
> > anymore"
> > me: "yup"
> > =

> > ...then i get in my car and head for the food. it took a few seconds =
for
his
> > words to soak in, but im still amazed that this guy knew what a sciro=
cco
> > was. some average joe. my guess is that he owned one in the past...
> > =

> > o well, thought i might share that...
> > Al
> > (with shit eating grin on face... still)
> > =

> > ______________________________
> =

> =

> I'll bet he lost his cherry in the back seat of one. Yup, I'll bet he
> has fond memories...
> =

> =

> TBerk
> =

Just sitting in the back seat takes some agility...it wouldn't be my car =
of
choice for said activities...but then I'm old anyway.

Anyway, on the topic...

My hubby (aka Mr Mopar) is actually getting into it. He saw a silver MkI =
that
had been at the track for "Fast and Furious" Fridays, anyone on the list?=

Anyway, he stopped to talk to the guy for a while, I wasn't there...

But I did go into town for some 94 octane (for the noble purpose of whomp=
ing
Hondas at the track) and stopped by the local cruise night. The guy at th=
gate is usually really snotty unless you are driving something North Amer=
ican,
with a big V8 and the accompanying chrome, and it has to be 70s or earlie=
r.
I've gone down in my Ford truck (an 88) and had the same attitude. So I k=
ind
of give him a questioning look, and he waves me in!!! Now this is in the =
87,
so it's out on all accounts, but he says to me "You don't see many Sciroc=
cos
any more" !!! I parked between some 70s vintage stuff (the car sure looke=
tiny) and went to chat with a buddy who has a Beetle. But this was from a=

vintage V8 guy, it was kinda neat.

Rocco content...Oh, I guess that was! No mechanical issues to report, we'=
ll
see what breaks today.

Cathy, =

1987 "cruisable" 16V  "the silver headache"
1980 the rotten Rocco