Sadly FS: 1988 16v, Tampa, FL

Well, it saddens me to think of doing this, but I think it may be time
to let my '88 16v go. I have an opportunity to buy an extremely special
car, and since I have been spending so much time on my "new" '77 G60, I
just don't have time/room/money to give my 16v the attention it needs.

Pics of the car can been seen on the profiles section of
www.Scirocco.org. Or go directly here:

http://www.scirocco.org/photos/pro/neal/

Other pictures from Cincinnati a couple years ago:
http://www.scirocco.org/list/ohio2k/Media/hires/0098.jpg
http://www.scirocco.org/list/ohio2k/Media/hires/0098a.jpg
http://www.scirocco.org/list/ohio2k/Media/hires/0134.jpg
http://www.scirocco.org/list/ohio2k/Media/hires/0135.jpg
http://www.scirocco.org/list/ohio2k/Media/hires/0136.jpg
http://www.scirocco.org/list/ohio2k/Media/hires/0140.jpg

The car is almost exactly what you see in the pictures, but the
description is a little out of date. It now has slotted rotors, Mintex
pads, and SS brake lines. It also has Brett's white gauge faces. Most
everything else is the same. It has approximately 177k miles.

There are many new (as in, less than 18 months) mechanical items.
Alternator, p/s pump, axles and CV joints, clutch, battery, and others.
The A/C was COMPLETELY rebuilt (new compressor, new lines...everything!)
and converted to r134 two years ago at a cost of over $1000.

The OZ wheels are unfortunately gone and the car will come with some
OK-condition Corrado G60 wheels and brand-new tires. I will also include
the original teardrop wheels.

The body is in pretty good shape, but after 15 years it is not perfect.
I just realized the pictures above were taken nearly three years ago!
IMHO, the car still looks very close to this.

The driver's door and the hood are the only two areas where you'll find
anything that you might not notice in the pictures. There are a couple
of small dents on the hood. In picture 136, you can see the biggest one
if you look closely. There are a couple of other small ones that have
happened since, as the result of an attack by a shop light. There is
also a "patch" around the driver's side door handle, where we think the
car may have been broken-into during it's first ownership. It was
repaired and repainted, but the bondo eventually bubbled up, and I had
to do an amateur re-patch that should be fixed properly. Of course, the
vinyl trim on the B-pillar is also rougher than it looks in the
pictures.

Except for the earlier repair on the driver's door that I mentioned, the
paint is all-original. The car looks like it has never been driven in
the snow or salt...for 15 years and no re-paint, it is VERY clean. There
is one rust spot underneath the rear hatch and of course there are rock
chips and such, but I bet you won't find a cleaner car for sale that
hasn't had a total repaint.

The car will also come with TWO sets of seats. I have the original
vinyl/cloth interior in nearly perfect shape, and a set of leather front
and rear seats in extremely good shape too.

I purchased the car in 1998 after the original owner traded it in. I
became a Scirocco.org list member soon afterward. It could almost drive
to Cincinnati by itself. :) Unfortunately, I can't make it to Cincy this
year due to a prior-planned family event.

Looking for $2800. Considering I just saw a wrecked 16v go for nearly
$2k on eBay in the Tampa area, I consider this very fair. The price is
negotiable a little. But I am not in a hurry to sell, so please don't
low-ball me.

I'll still be around. The '77 isn't going anywhere! (literally...it
doesn't run right now. :)

--
Neal Tovsen <nealtovsen@yahoo.com>