Ticking noise on pull away and braking

--0-1159070071-1051977359=:72444

I have this interesting noise thats just started As you pull away there is a loud tick and when you slow down or brake it ticks again. It only ticks once each time you pull away and slow down. It does it in reverse and forwards.  It is definately something that is inertia based I thought first of all that it was coming from the pedals but i removed all the trays etc and had a good root around but nothing. I've looked at the cables coming through the bulkhead but nothing. Then i relised it may well be from the engine bay as it is definately drivers side (please note RHD) so i removed the wheel, found the disc was loose so thats tight. I checked the caliper bolts and caliper which is tight. I could not re create the noise by mving the strutt and i can only get it to make this noise with the engine running. My thoughts are that it maybe a top mount or lower balljoint. There is no rub marks inside the wheels or archs etc Anyone?

Andy Holmes

91 Scirocco Scala Inj
83 Jetta 2.1

---------------------------------

--0-1159070071-1051977359=:72444

<DIV>I have this interesting noise thats just started</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As you pull away there is a loud tick and when you slow down or brake it ticks again. It only ticks once each time you pull away and slow down. It does it in reverse and forwards. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is definately something that is inertia based</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I thought first of all that it was coming from the pedals but i removed all the trays etc and had a good root around but nothing. I've looked at the cables coming through the bulkhead but nothing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Then i relised it may well be from the engine bay as it is definately drivers side (please note RHD) so i removed the wheel, found the disc was loose so thats tight. I checked the caliper bolts and caliper which is tight.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I could not re create the noise by mving the strutt and i can only get it to make this noise with the engine running.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My thoughts are that it maybe a top mount or lower balljoint. There is no rub marks inside the wheels or archs etc</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
--0-1159070071-1051977359=:72444--