Starter Relay Booster ????

--part1_78.3e766571.2be47f88_boundary

In a message dated 5/2/2003 3:37:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mkii_84@yahoo.com writes:

> So it cured your hot start problems on your Audi?  My
> automatic Quantum has a hot start problem and I would
> have to wait 10-15 minutes to let the car cool down so
> it could start.  Did you ever expericance the hot
> start problem afterwards?

Yes. I had the same hot restart problem you are describing. I initially
discovered some burned wires as a result of the close proximity of the wiring
to the exhaust on the automatics. Replacing them with high temperature glass
jacket ones-- I thought I'd be good to go... But the problem STILL
remained...

So I changed the starter. That didn't work either.

Then I relayed the ignition wire using an interposing relay. THAT worked.
Haven't had any problems since, and it has been three years.

For safety's sake, be sure to fuse the wire coming from the battery positive
terminal. I used a Hella foglight relay with the integral fuse and it worked
great.

HTH,
Danny

--part1_78.3e766571.2be47f88_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 5/2/2003 3:37:29 PM Pacific Standar=
d Time, mkii_84@yahoo.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">So it cured your hot start prob=
lems on your Audi?&nbsp; My<BR>
automatic Quantum has a hot start problem and I would<BR>
have to wait 10-15 minutes to let the car cool down so<BR>
it could start.&nbsp; Did you ever expericance the hot<BR>
start problem afterwards?<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Yes. I had the same hot restart problem you are describing. I initially disc=
overed some burned wires as a result of the close proximity of the wiring to=
 the exhaust on the automatics. Replacing them with high temperature glass j=
acket ones-- I thought I'd be good to go... But the problem STILL remained..=
.<BR>
<BR>
So I changed the starter. That didn't work either.<BR>
<BR>
Then I relayed the ignition wire using an interposing relay. THAT worked. Ha=
ven't had any problems since, and it has been three years.<BR>
<BR>
For safety's sake, be sure to fuse the wire coming from the battery positive=
 terminal. I used a Hella foglight relay with the integral fuse and it worke=
d great. <BR>
<BR>
HTH,<BR>
Danny<BR>