things that happen when you own a rocco

today i have duty, so im stuck on base until tomorrow morning.
so i go on a food run, swing by the atm on the way to the base mc-d's.
i leave the rieger quietly rumbling and walk across to the atm.
as i walk back to the rieger, another car pulls up and a an older guy gets
out (late 40's, looks like a retired guy, obviously headed for the atm as
well). his path to the atm turned into an arc... his body was forced to
rotate around the direction his head was pointed... the rieger. he pauses
briefly, nods, then heads back for the atm with a grin on his face. right
about this time im passing him:
me: "like it, eh?" (with the obvious grin on my face) :)
him: "that thing is a beast!"
me: "thanks man"
him (now having passed me, and walking off): "too bad they dont make them
anymore"
me: "yup"

...then i get in my car and head for the food. it took a few seconds for his
words to soak in, but im still amazed that this guy knew what a scirocco
was. some average joe. my guess is that he owned one in the past...

o well, thought i might share that...
Al
(with shit eating grin on face... still)