OT: Optics question.

You'll need a cylindrical lens or Plano-Convex lens to accomplish this type
of optical magic! These lenses provide magnification in one axis only.
Sources???? Well for cheap ones I'd look at an Edmonds Scientific Catalog.
For precision A.K.A. expensive ones I'd go to Newport Corp., Melles Griot
or Cole-Parmer.

I studied Optical Engineering for a while... I need a life!!!

-Raffi