OT and not OT: towing ability

I don't think fuel mixture feedback and an idle stabilizer valve make
CIS-E any less reliable.  DPRs don't break, and ISVs only get dirty.
The control pressure regulator and auxiliary air valve are pretty much
hacks IMO.  There's still the whole 5th injector issue, though.

CIS-E compared to any older version of CIS is one step closer to sweet,
actual electronic fuel injection.

I agree with your assessment of the perceived lack of low end power.
Even at factory base timing, the 16v ignition has a pretty good amount
of advance.

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com=20