Interesting 16V thought: knock light LED?

At 06:28 AM 3/28/2003, T Berk wrote:
>Ryan H wrote:

><snip>

> > > One way to do it is via  a compare ckt.
> > > if the output of the CIS box == output of the knock box no knock.
> > > if != retard occuring.
> > > brian
> >
> > Brian: Sounds a bit too complicated to make... although I'm no
> electrical engineer.
> > TBerk, your schematic is pretty good, so maybe you have some ideas - do
> you think a 12v LED with the positive lead to pin 13 would do anything?
> >

>I would be concerned with signal drop if you just hook up an LED, I'd
>want you to wrap a coil around the signal wire (#13) and use it to
>trigger an LED circuit.
>
>Wait, all that would do is flicker when the mic that is the K/S was
>fed ping. Better yet would be to get a signal from when the K/S box
>goes into action, lets see...

Very, very interesting indeed:  This was standard equipment on my Mom's
1987 Peugeot 505 STX V6.  Peugeot put a little yellow LED at the base of
the instrument cluster that would flicker when the car sensed knock.

In our case, the thing flickered all the time prompting the dealership to
call it a bullshit gimmick and disconnecting the LED.

But since then, I've always thought it'd be cool to have one! :)
Jason