16v vs 8v rear hatch

--0-201639460-1048882138=:82343

My 16v had the same locking mechanism. WIth central locking, I think that the trunk locks even when not in the locked position, but I'm not sure.
Dan
 Calimus <calimus@techography.net> wrote:About a year ago when I first joined the list, I saw a thread talking
about how the 8v rear hatches had the ability to unlock, remove the key,
and then all you'd need to do is push the lock in to open them. This
was correct as I did this with the wifes cabby and it worked (she
already knew about it though). However, there was also talk that due to
the central locking on a 16v, that the 16v rear hatch didn't have this
option (so I never tried). Well a friend of mine and fellow lister went
to get something out of my 16v the other day and when I want to put it
back I noticed that the lock was turned to the left rather then the
right and the keys were not in it. I thought for a moment, pushed the
lock in and "pop" the hatch opens.

So did I just read something wrong way back then? does everyone already
know this? Or is my car just a freak?

William
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)