16v body kit questions

>Well, I can't believe that I'm about to start doing style things to my
>car.  I'm thinking of putting on a 16v body kit.  Does the kit make any
>difference in aerodynamics?

Dunno the numbers... but it looks good  :-)

>Do euro bumpers and headlights fit better with the kit?

The kit has no bearing on the fit of bumpers and lights. There is a fitment
problem with Euro lights and stock US bumpers... I think you need to trim a
little to make them fir right but I don't know for sure... I've always
replaced both together.

A noticeable problem that occurs on both 8V and 16V's is that the huge
holes in the body to mount the US rear bumpers. You can have plates welded
on an 8V and repaint but this is expensive. The stock 16V kit covers most
of the hole but leaves a big 'T' shaped cutout on the rear valance and a
rectangular cut out in the front. The front is not too noticeable but both
can be covered up with a European valance... translation: no body work
required cuz the Euro valance covers up the holes.

There are 2 more holes one on each side of the rear fenders that also need
covering up, about 1" square... even if you go with the Euro valance you
will still need to address these, or ignore them.

>  Will people like me more if it looks like I'm driving a 16V?

We don't like you now so I don't think the body kit will make a
difference   ;-)   (ducking for cover)

No seriously, the uneducated might think is it a 16V but there were many
models, not offered in the US, that had 8V engines and the traditional 16V
Kit... the one that comes to mind is the Canadian offered Slegato.