Someplace *to* take your VW in southeast MI.

Apologies in advance to posting across multiple lists; since this is of
interest to all SE Michigan VW owners (I know you're out there!) I'm doing
it anyway. :)

In a previous post, I talked about where not to take your Volkswagen.
Livonia Volkswagen is a great example -- $86 says that they'll charge you an
hour labor to not look at your car and say "Oh, this doesn't have OBD, does
it?  Our trained monkeys can only plug in a scantool."  Denny's Service
Center in Plymouth is another great example -- a month and $600 after
bringing my Scirocco in, they'd burnt out the starter and replaced it on my
tab, and were no closer to a worthwhile diagnostic than I was.

But!  Finally, a success story.  My Scirocco is rolling again thanks to
Steve's European Automotive, someplace recommended by a list member -- a
ways to limp a broken car, but it was well worth it.  They actually knew
what they were doing.  They were actually respected enough to get a lot of
business (the unprotected 2/3 of the lot is full with ~60 cars, including at
least four Vanagons and some more esoteric Volkswagen offerings like
Corrados) and I was sold despite them being a little pokey since they were
swamped.  They welcomed the use of used parts to save me money, actually
called me and let me know how much I'd be spending, told me exactly what was
wrong and then *actually fixed it*.

They also do used parts sales and scrap on the Internet, thus:
http://www.steveseuropeanauto.com/

ian Butler, moving at the speed of light (or at least 90mph instead of 45)
'88 Scirocco 16v, '87 Vanagon Syncro GL