[wheel well liners]

"brett cooke" <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
how many people are running without the plastic wheel well liners around =
the =

front wheels? are you getting any moisture troubles? i removed my drivers=
 =

side wheel well liner when i did my clutch and never bothered to put it =

back. ever since i've had moisture problems with the distributer cap and =

have "drowned the car" out a couple of times by taking in too much water =

through the intake. could these problems be directly related to the lack =
of =

the wheel well lining?
  hit

If my son's (otherwise solid) Rabbit is any indication, you'll also get a=
accumulation of crud up in the rear/top inner corner of the fender, which=
 will
rot its way through. Not sure a Rocc would be identical, but I don't see =
why
it would be different. And then there was the "sucked water through the
missing side marker into the engine" episode on the rainy trip to Waterfe=
st
(not pretty). So factory stuff that excludes water may avert a few proble=
ms.
Cathy