wheel well liners

how many people are running without the plastic wheel well liners around the
front wheels? are you getting any moisture troubles? i removed my drivers
side wheel well liner when i did my clutch and never bothered to put it
back. ever since i've had moisture problems with the distributer cap and
have "drowned the car" out a couple of times by taking in too much water
through the intake. could these problems be directly related to the lack of
the wheel well lining?
  hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco