try #3

Hmm,

No expert here.  But the '77 I had ended up with a leaky 5th injector and
that caused a similar problem. It also ran real rich all the time though.

I am not sure how close you are to a junk yard, but those "cold start"
injectors are dirt cheap.  Might be worth a try.  How are the spark plugs
looking?  If you pull them do they look like the car is tuned rich/lean/ok?

Might give you a bit more to go on.

Cory