MKI Winshield needed

--- Anthony Pelletier <vwnuts@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am looking for a new windsheild & rubber seal for a
> MKI Scirocco.  Does anyone have any sources for these?
>  I am also looking for a washer nozzle for the hood.
> I didn't realize winshields had crossed into the
> unobtainium realm of parts.

Yep, they're pretty nigh well impossible to get.  I managed
to get a brand new one from a place in Virginia I think,
last year - and it was the last they had.  They said they
could get more but I won't hold my breath.

As for a seal, I got one from VeeParts for like $80.  It's
listed as being the non-groove type, but that's wrong.  And
as for what Brian said, you may want to re-use your old
seal if at all possible.

I'll see if I still have that old e-mail about the new
windshields kickin' around somewhere this evening.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov