New Exhaust System Advice

Many new cars sport variable intakes.  For instance, Audi's V6 (2.8L
and new 3.0L) have a variable intake manifold.  You could buy the VSR
manifold for the 12v VR6, which had dual runners that would switch over
at about 3300 rpm IIRC.  I imagine many other high-performance cars use
similar technology.

Basically, at higher rpm's you want longer runners to create more fuel
mixture velocity.  Though I haven't driven a VSR-equipped VR6, it's
supposed to be quite a dramatic modification.

Matthew