MkI window scraper Q

John C. Worden wrote:

> Anybody know if Rabbit/Cabby outer window scrapers will fit MkI Scirocco?

According to Cody Daniels you can modify ones from a 92 Golf 2 door.
Here is what he told me:

"Yes they are from a 92 golf 2door. I don't think it really matters if
it is a 92 or not. The 2 door version is longer so you get more to work
with. You can separate the rubber from the metal attachment trim(one of
the pictures shows the rubber removed from the left over piece). I
removed my old one up to the center of the mirror and cut it carefully
with a hacksaw. Then you cut the new metal piece to fit into the space
left by the old one you just removed. Once it fits in good, cut the
rubber to fit and replace the mirror to hide the transition.  The rubber
takes a little time to get just right, you actually have to cut some off
the back at the end to get it to lay right."

Here are the before and after pics

http://mk1scirocco.com/scirocco/profiles/cody/oldscraper.JPG

http://mk1scirocco.com/scirocco/profiles/cody/newscraper.JPG

Andre'