Wrenching in the Bay Area - 020 tranny flange swap compatibility

--- Allyn <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> going to 100mm? be prepared to use a die-grinder on the housing for
> clearance issues.

Hmmm...I built this tranny for T.  I had a scrap 100mm flange I kept around for no good reason,
and it test fit just fine.  For that reason I saw no reason to grind on anything.  I did just test
fit a 100mm flange onto an FF and a 4-speed and they both definitely need case clearancing, yet
T's 2H did not.  Go figure.

This is a Quaife-equipped tranny, FWIW.

Besides the diameter where the CV bolts up, I just measured a 90mm and a 100mm and I can tell no
difference between them AFA the backside diameters, depths, and so forth.  What surface are you
referring to?

And Tobias...engine, tranny, exhaust, brake MC and booster...you have one *full* weekend, IF you
have all the tools and have BTDT at least once.  I'd give it two weekends.  Just my $0.02.

Ron