Mk1 CIS "flooding" solution

Hi Everybody,
Just wanted to share a solution to a problem I had with my car last year.
My car would start Ok, and idle OK, but until the engine was completely
warmed up, it would stall every time I revved it up, 2000 RPM or more. After
much consultation with the "Bentley" my target was the control pressure
regulator, and as it turns out it was the plug that goes to the CPR, one of
the two connections in the plug was pushing back inside of the connector and
not making contact. So until the engine warmed up the CPR wasn't cutting
back on the extra fuel it supplies when the engine is cold. Hope this helps
someone with a similar problem.

Andrew
81 Scirocco "under construction"