Cheap Ass Supercharger?

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 04:17:00 +0000
"Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds nice, can I add it to the whipping cream nitros kits I
> got?

Wow, you have whipped cream nitrus kits! I like the way it operates from
intake manifold vacuum... surely the point of any forced induction is
that there is no intake manifold vacuum? Does this mean it gets spun
round by the air being sucked into the engine, eg. it is a restriction?

150cfm = approx 4 million cc/min

If you have a 2000 cc 4 stroke engine it will draw approx 1000 cc of air
per rotation of the crank

4,000,000 cc/min divided by 1000 cc/rev = 4,000 rpm, above this point
the 'supercharger' really begins to strangle the engine. You may end up
sucking bits of it into the engine at high revs... :)

I used to be opposed to this kind of thing, but now I am poor and there
are stupid rich people buying every kind of junk on ebay so my attitude
now is, if he can get away with making money from this kind of crap then
good luck to him. Buyer beware.

PS if anybody has any of those whipped cream nitrus kits I could
probably sell them...

--Andrew