euro bumper material / painting

someone was researching this a while back, but im not sure if it ever got
resolved. its coming up on time for me to paint the various parts for the
twin, and my biggest concern is the euro bumpers. i know they are of a
material that some types of paint refuses to adhere to. was there ever any
definite resolution on just what type of paint/primer to use and get good
adhesion?
Thanks
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (daily driver, 180k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (dotting 'i's across the country, rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (wifes daily driver, 285k, 0 rattles)