Starting Problem

This past sunday was our first autoX and the car was running great! Until,
after the first run. When I went to start her up she just cranked. My buddy
told me to hold the gas to the floor. I did and she cranked and finally
fired after a few secs.
I just replaced my ground strap making sure it was cleaned and siliconed to
prevent corrosion, so I do know it isn't that. Could it be the first tank of
ethanol I'm running through it? I had to drain the tank because of a hole in
the line that needed a patch, so I thought why not a good time to sitch the
baby over to something a little more natural.

HELP! Please and thank you.

Oh, if you are responding to this after wed please respond off list as I
will be on vacation for a while.

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, Sunday, sunday, sunday!!!)
60* and slightly wet so far(DAMN, STAY DRY!! Please?!I'll even add a cherry
on the top!)
'92 Olds Cutlass Ciera (DD)