Shift linkage go bye bye.

Either the ball is broken at the end of the push rod, or one of the plastic
clips on the shift linkages has come undone.
Look at the rear of the tranny from the top and you might find the problem
there.
The kits are only $15.00 and easy to replace.

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer
www.menloparkrandd.com